What is Indian Head Massage?
As the name suggests, Indian Head Massage originated in India where it has been practised for over 1000 years. Also known as Champissage, Indian Head Massage was originally used to improve the scalp and hair condition of Indian women. Indian Head Massage techniques have evolved over time to now include the massage and manipulation of the upper back, shoulders, neck, upper arms and face.
Indian Head Massage is a highly relaxing therapy which will relieve aches and pains that your body may be experiencing. The Physical Benefits include:
- Relieve Muscle Tension
- Increase mobility in the upper body and neck
- Improve Lymphatic Drainage and Blood Circulation
- Help with Sinus related problems such as Congestion
- Relaxation and increased concentration
- Relieve Headaches and Migraines
Indian Head Massage is also a very effective therapy for relaxing the mind and de-stressing the whole body having a positive impact on your daily life. The psychological benefits include:
- Help to alleviate Insomnia
- Reduce Stress and Anxiety
- Release tension and rejuvenate the mind and body
- Revitalise the mind and reduce mental fatigue
- Promote calm and tranquility
Therapi Tylino’s Indian Head Massage Service
At Therapi Tylino our Indian Head Massage treatment is delivered in the seated position. We do not use oils and ask that you wear light clothing. Typically the treatment will take 40 minutes. Indian Head Massage employs a range of different massage pressures and rhythms designed to stimulate the head, neck, upper back and shoulder areas.
For more information about Indian Head Massage or any of our other services please contact Therapi Tylino today.